Network help please.

A little network help please. I have installed Red Hat 7
from the iso mirrored on SILUG.org. Thank you for
sending me the ftp site.

Red Hat 7 does not write a proper /etc/config/network
file. I have hand edited this file to what it should be.
When using Control Pannel/Kernel Daemon Configuration,
it list three ether net cards, eth0, eth1 and eth2. I have
not been able to delete eth2 using this utility.
This must write a file somewhere. Where is this file so
I can hand edit it?
From there, all suggestions appreciated.

Everett