silugnorth = silug + nurl;

At the next "NURL" meeting, we will be discussing the possibility of
making our group into another branch of SILUG.  NURL is a group of us that
many times cannot make it to Carbondale or Fairview because of work, time,
etc.  We are all from the Mount Vernon/Centralia/Salem area.  What I'm
proposing that we do is combine our mailing lists and include our
membership in SILUG's membership.  However, we would have a separate
meeting (that all of you would be invited to join of course).  All of from
time to time make it to the Fairview and Carbondale meetings from time to
time, so it's not as if we'd be exclusive.  Our problem is one of
proxemics and chronology.  We're a small group, but a pretty seasoned one.
Steve, with your permission, I'd like to send you a list of our current
list subscribers to add to the SILUG list.  Our group will be approving
our move to "SILUG-North" or whatever you want to call it on Thursday.
Also, does anyone know of a place in Salem or Centralia we could meet at
that has Internet access?? (T1, broadband, etc).  We've been meeting at
the Salem Denny's (because they have beer....maybe that's just my reason),
so it's been difficult to do presentations (we get weird enough looks as
it is).  If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,

Koree

PS:  I just installed a copy of SuSE 6.4 that I had lying around.  Other
than the 1GB install, I like it quite a bit.

Koree A. Smith  | Co-Administrator, ameth.org
koree@Ameth.org | http://www.koree.net/
koree@koree.net | Linux Rules!
NT < *IX        | I Corinthians 2:1-5

Nous pensons que Linux représente à terme une menace pour Windows.