Beowulf at SIUC?

I'm a grad student in CS at SIUC and would like to get a Beowulf
going.  My preliminary proposal is at
<http://www.cs.siu.edu/~langin/pcpotluck.html>.  Does anyone
know if anyone else is already trying this at SIUC?  Is there
any chance that IT has old PC's laying around they're not using?

The Graduate School is offering Graduate Technology Enhancement
Grants.  I was thinking of applying for a grant for, say, $1,000
to buy a Linux box for the department.

I was just wondering if anybody on this list has any
experience/comments about these types of things.

<http://www.cs.siu.edu/~langin>         <mailto:chester@langin.com>
The statement "Either something is a paradox or it isn't" is false.