Linux and Routing

Alrighty, this is what I'd like to do, and I'm about halfway there, but
I've run into a snag.  I'm wanting to load a Linux box up with Ethernet
cards, to separate out a new Ethernet segment, but not have to go through
my Cisco router to do so.  So, here's what I've done.  I have two Ethernet
cards in a Linux machine.  One card has been given an IP# on our main
network - 206.152.121.0/42.  The second, has not yet been given an IP#,
but, what I would like, is to give it an IP#, and then route a network of
IPs to that address, and then have the Linux box route those addresses
onto the new Ethernet segment.  Am I making any sense at all?  So, the
outcome would be, I'd hook an Ethernet hub up to the card, and be able to
plug devices into the hub and give them addresses on the routed network.
Does anyone know what direction I need to look to do this?  I've tried
routing a /28 network to the machine, then giving the second card an
address on that network, and then routed that network to that card.  But,
I can only access the machine itself through the card, and the other
machines I put on the hub and give secondary addys to, can't get out, nor
can I get into them.  I know this is probably horribly confusing...the way
I've put this...but, I'm working totally theoretically here, anyway.  So,
any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Koree

Koree A. Smith  | Co-Administrator, ameth.org
koree@Ameth.org | http://www.koree.net/
koree@koree.net | Linux Rules!
NT < *IX        | I Corinthians 2:1-5

Nous pensons que Linux représente à terme une menace pour Windows.