Dead System and Weird Messages

Okay, I have a system that recently died, and I've tried countless ways to
bring it back up.  The message that I'm getting in the Kernel boot
messages is:

Warning:  Unable to open an initial console.

Does anyone have ANY idea what this means?  This is right after VFS says
that it's mounted the root file system, and right after the "Freeing
unused kernel memory" message.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Koree

Koree A. Smith  | Co-Administrator, ameth.org
koree@Ameth.org | http://www.koree.net/
koree@koree.net | Linux Rules!
NT < *IX        | I Corinthians 2:1-5

Nous pensons que Linux représente à terme une menace pour Windows.