Email Charset and Sendmail

Okay, as many of you know, I've been fighting with this for quite a while.
When anyone on my system sends email, it shows x-unknown for the charset.
I've read through all the sections in the O'reilly sendmail book dealing
with this, and tried many many configurations.  I've also played with
pine, which doesn't seem to affect it at all.  So, I need the assistance
of a sendmail guru to maybe tell me what I need to do to get this fixed.
I've tried setting DefaultCharSet in sendmail.cf to us-ascii and
iso-8859-1.  It won't take the us-ascii setting at all, and the iso-8859-1
does not fix the problem.  I'm at a loss.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Koree

Koree A. Smith  | Co-Administrator, ameth.org
koree@Ameth.org | http://www.koree.net/
koree@koree.net | Linux Rules!
NT < *IX        | I Corinthians 2:1-5

Nous pensons que Linux représente à terme une menace pour Windows.