Re: Secure Port Redirection with Ssh

Richard H. Fifarek said:
> Anyone know if I can do something like this on a Windows box?

You should be able to with one of the ssh ports to Windows
(command-line and otherwise).  I know it works with F-Secure ssh.

BTW, this is basically how I get my mail all the time.  My
.fetchmailrc looks more-or-less like this:

    poll localhost proto pop3 port nnnn pass xxxxx mda \
    "/usr/bin/procmail -f -" preconnect \
    "ssh -f -L nnnn:mailserver:110 mailserver sleep 20"

where nnnn is some port number >1024 (so I can bind to it as a regular
user) and xxxx is the password on the remote system.

Of course, in order for this not to prompt you for a password, you
have to have ssh-agent set up...

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month