RE: Netscape helper apps HELP

 Why does the RedHat RealPlayer 5.0 not function as a plugin in Netscape?

Currently, the RedHat RealPlayer 5.0 as a plugin does not work in the
Netscape browser.

There are two problems that prevent the RedHat Player from
functioning as a plugin in the Netscape browser. First, the RedHat Player
5.0
installation does not contain any of the plugin files. Second, the
Player is compiled with the latest version of glibc for RedHat 5.0,
while Navigator is compiled with other glibc libraries. However, the
RedHat RealPlayer is fully functional as a standalone Player.

There is a workaround which allows the Player Plugin to function,
though it has not been extensively tested. The work around for this is
to also install the Linux RealPlayer. The Linux RealPlayer
installation contains the plugin files and compatible libraries for
non-glibc
applications. Until Netscape releases a stable glibc compatible
browser, this is the only work around. Please note: RedHat 5.1 does contain
the non-glibc compatibility, but the plugin still requires the class
files from the Linux Player.