SCSI Interface

I am finally ready to buy a new HD (Don't really have money, just gave up
and will go into more debt). I am planning on getting a Scumgate Cuda 9.1G
LVD drive, and was looking for an adapter.  I remember from a while back
that someone said that they had had problems with adaptec adapters with
linux (and I have had problems with them and big red), and recomended
Diamond Firestar.  I just looked at Diamonds site, and from what I see, they
don't even make an LVD SCSI card.  So is adaptec my best alternative?  I
want a card that will work with multi OS's ( MS stuff, Novell, Linux).  Also
from that I've read I definately want an LVD drive (any reasons not too?),
perfromance seems good, price is Ok, and anything that will reduce cabling
problems is greately appreciated (even more than speed for me, right now).

As soon as I get more room I will try running Linux again (and hopefully
make a meeting).

Also does anyone have any experience with a company called Buycomp?  They
seem to have real good prices on drives, and I was thinking of trying them.

Thanks you,

Matt Wehland

  Matt Wehland    mwehland@webtripper.com   http://www.webtripper.com
     95 Mustang GT Crystal White 5spd  Best 14.601, in street trim