Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 21:39:34 -0400
From: online.customer.response@gte.com
To: mark@bish.net
Subject: New Message Tracking Number: 980707-129-1

Dear Mr. Bishop,

Thank you for your interest in GTE's upcoming DSL services. GTE will begin
deployment of DSL in July and August 1998 to selected serving offices in the
Carbondale area.  Actual availability to you depends on whether you are served
 by a DSL equipped office, the distance of your line from that office (less
than 3 cable miles is the current technological limit), and other factors,
such as the condition of your line.  Prior to ordering, GTE will need to
pre-qualify your line to determine eligibility for service.

Specific information on how to order GTE DSL service, including an 800
customer contact number, is provided to you on the web page at www.gte.com/dsl/.

We are offering a variety of bandwidth options ranging from 256Kbps
downstream to 1.5Mbps downstream, depending on your usage needs.  The cost
ranges from \$35 to \$250 per month, depending on the bandwidth package you
select and your term and volume commitment.  GTE offers the option to lease
the modem for \$12 per month.  Alternatively, you may purchase the modem for
around \$300. Additional installation/setup fees will apply.  These
charges do not include internet connectivity.  Specific pricing plans are
available at www.gte.com/dsl/idsl/dslprice.html.

Again, thank you for your interest and we look forward to providing you
excellent service soon.

Sincerely,

Kathryn Chung
Product Management