From: silug-discuss-owner@silug.org <silug-discuss-owner@silug.org> on behalf of Robert G. (Doc) Savage <dsavage@peaknet.net>
Sent: Monday, March 8, 2021 11:28 AM
To: silug-discuss@silug.org <silug-discuss@silug.org>
Subject: Nextcloud 20 on F33 w/podman (Fedora Magazine)

Before I send off a message to Fedora Magazine to report a problem with one of their latest articles, would someone in the SILUG space please see if they can get this to work on their Fedora 33 system?

Everything works for me until I get down to this section:

# Deploy Nextcloud
$ podman run --detach
  --env MYSQL_HOST=nextcloud-db.dns.podman
  --env MYSQL_DATABASE=nextcloud
  --env MYSQL_USER=nextcloud
  --env MYSQL_PASSWORD=DB_USER_PASSWORD
  --env NEXTCLOUD_ADMIN_USER=NC_ADMIN
  --env NEXTCLOUD_ADMIN_PASSWORD=NC_PASSWORD
  --volume nextcloud-app:/var/www/html
  --volume nextcloud-data:/var/www/html/data
  --network nextcloud-net
  --restart on-failure
  --name nextcloud
  --publish 8080:80
  docker.io/library/nextcloud:20

# Check running containers
$ podman container ls

I am pretty sure they left off the trailing "\" from each line of the "podman run --detach" lines. But I think there must be something else wrong.

--Doc Savage
    Fairview Heights, IL