Re: Fedora 32 Beta due to branch from Rawhide

On Thu, 2020-02-06 at 13:08 -0600, Robert G (Doc) Savage wrote:
> That time is coming up next Tuesday, Feb 11. Those who are brave /
> foolhardy / adventurous enough can upgrade their fully-updated Fedora
> 31 installation(s) to the new Beta using dnf.
>
> Truth be told, there are usually quite a few quirks and bugs that
> will
> appear after such an upgrade. Usually these are nothing an
> experienced
> Fedora user can't cope with. It is, after all, a beta release.
>
> If you're iterested in replicating the Fedora 32 Beta repository to a
> directory tree on your system, the attached shell scripts will get
> the
> job done.
>
> * Edit rsync-32Beta and rsync-32Beta-updates and change the local
> user
> and destination variables to choices that match your system. Move
> them
> to /usr/local/bin, chown them to root:root, and chmod them to 755.
>
> * Be sure to save Steve's linkdups utility to deduplicate any excess
> copies of file(s).

Errata update:

Oops. My bad. There is no rsync-32Beta-updates script. The rsync-
32updates script will fetch updates to the Fedora 32 general
availability release in May. Here's the script to pull a copy of that
future repository.

For now, running the rsync-32Beta script periodically will fetch all
updates to the beta.

--Doc

rsync-32release