Re: RHEL8 & EPEL8 status

While we're complaining, how about the lack of AMIs (blocking
zfsonlinux.org from building for CentOS8) and Vagrant images (blocking
me from testing... everything)?

While I strongly disagree with RH pulling a lot of packages (a lot of
the -devel packages and samba4-dc specifically come to mind), I do
understand their reasoning (sort of).  They don't want to include stuff
in RHEL that they don't want to support...  CentOS doesn't have to make
the same bad choices, so it seems like they're at least trying to
include all those missing -devel packages.

What's driving me nuts is how long it is taking CentOS to get anything
done, and, even worse, the *complete* lack of communication while we're
all waiting.  I get that the lack of -devel packages and a lot of other
repo weirdness in RHEL 8 is causing them trouble building everything,
but if they had started working on CentOS 8 when the first RHEL 8 beta
came out, and had remembered that they have a community full of people
who know how to help build packages, they might not be catching this
much grief from those of us who can't get our jobs done.