F30 wired ethernet

I've been running F30 since the early beta. The dnf upgrade worked fine
except for the SELinux contexts which I had to update manually.

The only probley I've been unable to solve is the wired Ethernet
connection. It's the enp0s31f6 device on my P72 laptop. When I make an
RJ-45 connection, the NetworkManager icon on the top toolbar (MATE
desktop) just loops forever without completing the DHCP negotiation.
The WiFi DHCP connection works fine. And ethtool correctly finds the
enp0s31f6 device.

Unfortunately Fedora has evolved so much that the problem solving tools
I learned many years ago have long since been replaced. Not even
/var/log/messages. Can anyone tell me where the log files are found in
F30?

--Doc