Powershell for Fedora 29

Microsoft's release of Powershell for Linux about a year ago raised some
interest in SILUG. At that time it was implemented as a snap. After
upgrading from Fedora 28 to 29, the snap implementation appears to be
broken. Whenever I tried running Update-Help at the PS command prompt, it
failed with a read-only filesystem error:

PS /root> Update-Help
Update-Help : Read-only file system
At line:1 char:1
+ Update-Help
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Update-Help], IOException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId :
System.IO.IOException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.UpdateHelpCommand

There's now a formal RPM to replace the snap. It's actually for RHEL7, but
works for F29. To get it go to

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/scripting/install/installing-powershell-core-on-linux?view=powershell-6

To clear out the wreckage left by the snap, I had to run

# snap remove powershell

Now I can run 'pwsh' and everything seems to be fine.

Robert G. (Doc) Savage
Fairview Heights, IL

"Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
          -- Admiral of the Fleet Sergei G. Gorshkov