Re: Looking for bootable cross-platform backup CD/DVD

Clonezilla also works well, there are at least two Different Kernel versions. Utopic and Cosmic, I use the later on Windows 10 OS.

Sincerely,

Darold Lucus

cid:image002.png@01D06336.119F49E0

=====================
LAN Administrator

EMAC, Inc

618-529-4525 EXT:390

www.emacinc.com

=====================

This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. If you have received it by mistake, please let us know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system; you may not copy this message or disclose its contents to anyone.

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 9:03 AM Kevin Thomas <axel2078@gmail.com> wrote:
I’ve used a program called Redo Backup to clone hard drives in the past and it worked well, but that was a few years ago and I don’t know if it is still under development anymore.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 28, 2018, at 00:12, dsavage@peaknet.net wrote:
>
> I'm in real need of a backup utility ISO image that will allow me to boot
> a new ThinkPad P72 mobile workstation laptop from a CD/DVD and:
>
> (1) Access a pre-installed Windows 10 Professional image managed by an
> Intel RST controller configured to make two PCIe M.2 SSDs into a RAID1
> mirror.
>
> (2) Do a forensic dd-style exact transfer of about 1.8 TB and write it all
> to a USB HDD.
>
> (3) P2V that image and create a virtual machine under a Fedora 29 host.
>
> The riskiest part of this process comes after step 2, when I go into the
> BIOS and change the mode of the Intel raid controller from RST to AHCI,
> and then break the RAID1 mirror. Either of these actions could completely
> destroy the pre-installed Windows image, so it's absolutely essential that
> step 2 generates a perfect bit-by-bit forensic copy of the installed
> Windows OS partitions (there are actually three).
>
> The latest Clonezilla creates a bootable DVD, but it cannot find and read
> the RAID1 mirror managed by the Intel RST chip. The C4L ISO downloaded
> from sourceforge may make a bootable CD, but the same image burned to a
> DVD+R doesn't boot.
>
> Everywhere I turn I find something critical that fails. Does anyone have
> any suggestions as alternatives to Clonezilla or C4L?
>
> --Doc
> Robert G. (Doc) Savage
> Fairview Heights, IL
>
> "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
>          -- Admiral of the Fleet Sergei G. Gorshkov

PNG image