Re: Ubiquiti Unifi virtual controller available from RPMFusion soon

I currently have 11 unifi ap ac pro units running in production at my company. I have 6 running at the HQ, 3 at the extension building and two running at remote sales offices coming across sonicwall vpn appliances. I am running the the controller under Ubuntu (My CTO is not big on RPM based distro's) without any issues thus far. The rolling upgrade works great and they perform just fine. We are currently running the 5.6 branch running on a small VM on my ESXI cluster.

We are actually looking into rolling out a pair of the AP's with the integrated PA speakers in the extension buildings since we need a intercom system. If we do I will post back about my results!

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 6:15 PM, Steven Pritchard <steve@silug.org> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 10:45:52AM -0600, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> I have been running UniFI under Docker so I can run the Debian
> packages.  It works great for this purpose.
>
> https://hub.docker.com/r/silug/unifi/

FWIW, the unifi5 branch should work fine, but latest is a little broken.
I updated it today after sending this, and it turns out they made a
*major* permissions change that I have to account for.

You can also add "-e UNIFI_USER=root" to the docker command to work
around the problem for now.

Michael Granito
mgranito@gmail.com