Re: Fedberry - A Fedora spin for the Raspi 2/3

> I just ordered a Raspberry Pi 3 with the intent of setting it up as a
> ZoneMinder micro camera server.
> If you are like me, you might prefer to run a Redhat based distro on your
> pi.
>

> The following site represents a Fedora spin intended specifically
> Raspberry Pi 2's and 3's:
> http://fedberry.org/
>
> As Fedora does not (yet) support the Raspberry Pi 2/3 Model B (RPi2/3),
> FedBerry was created so people could easily install and use Fedora on the
> RPi2.
>
> Oh, and when is our next meeting?
>

>  Thanks,
>  Andy

Andy,

Surprise! As of the v25 Beta, Fedora's armhfp builds support the Pi3
directly. If you mount a 8G or larger MicroSD in a USB adapter, you can
create a bootable disk with:

# wget
http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/25/Workstation/armhfp/images/Fedora-Workstation-armhfp-25-20161026.n.0-sda.raw.xz

# xzcat Fedora-Workstation-armhfp-25-20161026.n.0-sda.raw.xz | dd of=/dev/sdc

(Note: The date embedded in the image name changes almost every night.
Today it was still 20161026. Tomorrow it may be 20161029.)

After doing this I slipped that MicroSD into my Pi3 at the last Saturday
meeting, then lo & behold it booted to Fedora 25's GNOME3 desktop
perfectly.

If GNOME3 isn't for you, there are other desktop versions in ./25/Spins/.

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL