Wednesday's SILUG meeting

A part-time job I'm doing for a small architectural firm gave me a good
excuse to buy a brand new Linksys WRT1900acs router. If that name sounds
vaguely familiar, it should. It's their completely up-to-date successor to
the legendary Linksys WRT54 routers that were supported by Linux-based
Tomato, OpenWRT, and DD-WRT replacement firmwares.

Linksys now claims all of their latest routers will support DD-WRT, and I
propose this as our challenge for Wednesday's SILUG meeting: how to
install DD-WRT on this brand new router, then configure it for use with
OpenVPN.

The meeting will be the first Wednesday, March 2, from 6pm to 8pm at The
Computer Room, next door to Ashley Furniture in Shiloh's Greenmount
Commons shopping plaza. Don't let the chain link fencing in the parking
lot put you off. The front door is open.

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL