Re: Creating a zfs filesystem in CentOS 6.4

At yesterday's SILUG meeting Steve went thru the ZFS installation process
for CentOS 6.4 again. I deleted all my ZFS packages, updated CentOS to the
latest kernel, re-installed the ZFS packages, then rebooted. That was the
key -- the reboot. That's when the zfs.ko driver is built by the
DKMS-enabled ZFS package.

I'm now at another standstill. I only have 8 GB of RAM in this system. I
need that much to cache the block hashes for a 1 TB ZFS volume. My RAID5
array is 2 TB, so I need another 8 GB of RAM just for ZFS. So now I'm
looking for 24 GB more of DDR2 ECC of the correct speed (??) before
resuming the conversion.

--Doc