Re: Oops... Meeting tonight.

On Wed, 2012-06-06 at 21:59 -0500, Kevin Thomas wrote:

> How did F17 turn out? I'm still running F16 on my laptop and don't
> really want to upgrade unless there is a compelling reason to do so.

Kevin,

A from-scratch installation went flawlessly on my ThinkPad W700. It's my
considered opinion, however, that GNOME 3 sucks rocks. Cinnamon adds
back some functionality, but I'm a guy who's gotten very accustomed to
having quick-switch multiple desktops in the bottom toolbar. They're
gone. So's the toolbar. The changing multiple Hubble pictures screen
backgrounds are gone too.

There may be those who like GRUB2 and systemctl. I'm not one of them.
The new Firefox keeps crashing: crash, reopen, click, crash reopen,
click, and so on. Maybe Firefox 13 will be better.

I stuck with Fedora 14 for a long time. If I were you, I'd stick with
Fedora 16 until Fedora 19, or even longer.

--Doc