Hard Drive not being seen in gParted on Parted Magic 5.7

I have a hard drive failing (my 500GB) from many bad sectors again (transporting too roughly probably).  Anyway, I'm trying to copy the partitions to my 1TB until I can get another drive, one problem, my Parted Magic 5.7 CD hangs up in gParted when it's reading the partition on sdb (my 1TB), my 1TB only shows three pre-failures so I'm not sure what the issue may be, I'm going to try a different live CD later (possibly Sunday) as I have classes and then head home this weekend until late Saturday night.  So is this a concern or a program issue?

--
"You must control your future by taking command of your present, and fixing and learning from your past."

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

"Я - тот. Я - всемогущее. Я буду управлять по всем."