Re: Well up and running, now anyone know a GUI GRUB Editor?

I use Ubuntu, but I heartily agree with Grub2 being a nightmare. On one machine, I had to edit files in 3 different locations to get it to boot reliably. Whoever dreamed up the configuration scheme for Grub2 should be booted themselves!

Faith without Works is Dead...

--- On Tue, 12/28/10, Kevin Thomas <axel2078@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Kevin Thomas <axel2078@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Well up and running, now anyone know a GUI GRUB Editor?
To: silug-discuss@silug.org
Date: Tuesday, December 28, 2010, 5:35 PM

I much prefer the older grub in Fedora to the grub2 that's used in Ubuntu. That to me is a creaking nightmare and doesn't play well with my older hardware. Plus, the grub.conf file is so easy to edit and it makes sense to me, unlike grub2.

On Dec 28, 2010 5:29 PM, "Robert G. (Doc) Savage" <dsavage@peaknet.net