Re: Linux Distros

I think I'll try running gnome on mine but if it doesn't work well I may try LXDE as well. It's not that my laptop is weak. It has a Intel P-4 2.4 Ghz proc and 2 GB of memory. It's just old and its hard to find a good driver for the ATI mobility 9000 chipset.  I used to have full 3-d acceleration with it with various Linux distros several years ago but not anymore.