[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Good Openswan tutorial?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Good Openswan tutorial?
- From: "Koree A. Smith" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 21:24:48 -0500
- DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=o8kq1mPPqjpl8eq7T3b3uciHehmeUmxQWM+N8wTViXI=; b=p5YFxx84Q3RS5rjmR6ahi8yqhBuLo79Kxkc12XUFvl5bQ3ByAK52e90rBXZiH3O2kU wM168Qf11SxexeY+e0nM8ncgwi7v3KqoBLi3V+vYoanOCknUieMbGOlAFMyBrkBfnh4k UJmoe112fwCENFXfexSksOkKv3YhNes22/48s=
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=eTpH26evFmp0FIkdm44I81lGw4Hy8hwBUJwNNfVksuVF6XD2ckEtqzUKhBfW2kBR/N Tdb27T8pswZahDJFJkDJuBN2cwEl/sDRr00A3ZEAzwm8tzX50f1oOADjlvZDUq2IS11A r+By31/VFgC5Jo8FQ7LZyEYeIsRTCdLgSFGLo=
- Organization: Southern Illinois Linux Users Group
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trying to set up a VPN at the house. Having trouble finding a tutorial that is what I want to do. I'm not even sure if what I want to do is feasible.
My router doesn't have a VPN server built in, so I want to use a server on the inside of the NAT to serve up the connection. My plan was to use port forwarding to get to the server from the outside, and establish a tunnel that way. In my head, this sounds possible, but in reading the tutorials I've found via my Google searches, I'm lost. There's something I'm missing, I'm sure. If someone could shove me in the right direction, that'd be awesome :D
The other challenge is that the laptop I'll be connecting to this VPN is a MacBook, but I'll figure that out.
I'm pretty tired, so I'm guessing I haven't supplied enough info. Just looking for a "friendly manual" to read.
The VPN box is running CentOS 5 with Openswan. It is not the device routing my cable modem connection.