Re: UNetbootin: Stop Burning Coasters, Boot From a USB Drive

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 9:02 PM, Nathan Nutter <iam@nnutter.com> wrote:
I found a great utility today via Security Corner.

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

"UNetbootin allows you to create bootable Live USB drives for a variety of Linux distributions from Windows or Linux, without requiring you to burn a CD."

It lets you choose a distro or point to an ISO or custom boot files.
I've used that with mixed results, I must say it's very nice but you can run into problems involving flash drive, some brands and models have issues, BIOS not liking that particular flash drive, definitely worth trying out though, I used it to make an XUbuntu flash drive to work on a system that had an optical drive issue.

--
"You must control your future by taking command of your present, and fixing and learning from your past."

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."