Re: RockMelt

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:20 PM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage <dsavage@peaknet.net> wrote:
Rockmelt ain't innovation. It's yet another browser, this one written
specifically for use with Facebook. Personally I think Andreesen has too
much money and his creativity has withered away.

I think that's an awful lot of speculation. So far all we know is it uses Facebook Connect...not Facebook. Those are different things.

There is plenty of room left for browser innovation. Nobody has yet created an environment that is social and fun. Flock tries to but it hasn't gained enough momentum to become mainstream. You (Doc) might scoff at Facebook but for the mainstream population Facebook is like 90% of their browsing. If this browser integrates it or make browsing more social and fun then it might be great.

Personally, I think Firefox is getting slower and more crash prown as it grows older. I suspect Chrome will be the browser that replaces it for me but I'm very open to new browsers. Web browsers are not just about browsing anymore. They are environments for apps and socializing and no browser really addresses that.