Re: ssh question yes it's me

I actually was able to get all the computers to communicate Friday
afternoon. Now my issue is allowing the pc's that ssh on to the office
computer with the usb external hard drive, to see the drive. It is an
icon on the desktop of the office computer but I am unable to find it
to gain access too from any pc sshing on to the office computer. Yes
you can gain access to any and all folders on the office computer. All
I want them to do is be able to save to the external hard drive. I will
limit folder access once that has been completed I hope.

I hope that makes since this is not easy to put into words.

On Fri,03 Apr 2009 19:52:49 -0500 "Robert G. (Doc) Savage"
<dsavage@peaknet.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 11:57 -0500, Craig E Ziegel wrote:
> > I am trying to get the pc's to ssh to my office so everyone can
> > access the external hard drive on my desktop, all pc's can talk to
> > each other except 2 the desktop in the office will not let anyone
> > one and my son will not let anyone on. his is mint, the office is
> > Fedora 10. I checked to make sure the share was active on both pc's
> > as well as checked the firewall on the fedora 10 box and ssh port
> > 22 is open. I can ping both boxes but the connection is refused as
> > you can see below. Will someone please tell me what I am missing
> >
> >  --- 192.168.1.133 ping statistics ---
> > 12 packets transmitted, 12 received, 0% packet loss, time 11980ms
> > rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 2.915/3.745/6.146/0.762 ms
> > [craig@craigoffice ~]$ ssh 192.168.1.133
> > ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.133 port 22: Connection refused
> > [craig@craigoffice ~]$
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Craig
>
> Craig,
>
> I'm not sure we have enough address info to diagnose the problem.
> Where are the PCs and where is the office. Are they separated by a
> span of "real" Internet?
>
> --Doc

Craig Ziegel
MW Transport Systems