external hard drive

I am sorry to ask this again, I saw a few emails about this a few weeks
ago. I just got a 500 gig external drive. I believe there was some
discussion about ext3/ext4 partition which was better? I have 1 winblows
pc the lady uses and the rest are Linux powered. So the partition if
possible would need to be accessible with winblows and Linux. If you
don't mind repeating yourself please respond thank you

--
Craig Ziegel
MW Transport Systems