RHEL 5.1->5.2 upgrade - part 3

Actually this is a Fedora 8/9 problem, but I'm trying to fix it as part
of my 5.1->5.2 upgrade, so...

Setting up NFS used to be simple in the old days of Fedora 7 and RHEL4.
I'd add the mountables to /etc/exports, run 'exportfs -v' enable and
start the portmap and nfs services on the target server. Then I'd
edit /etc/fstab on the client, enable and start its portmap service,
then 'mount' the desired targets and go.

I believe I've done everything required on the RHEL5.2 server. But when
I try to do an NFS mount on a client, I get the following error message:

$ mount /lion
mount.nfs: mount to NFS server 'lion' failed: System Error: no route to
host
Of course I can ping, ssh to/from, etc. to 'lion' with no trouble at
all.

The /etc/fstab entry on the client is:
lion:/pub   /lion  nfs   rsize=32768,wsize=32768,timeo=14,intr 0 0

The server's software firewall is set to allow incoming NFS4.

The only real change appears to be the elimination of portmap service in
Fedora 8/9. Portmap functionality is now provided by the rpcbind
service. Naturally there's no 'man rpcbind'.

Where can I find more information?

--Doc