Re: Everex TC2502 Green gPC Review

On Nov 25, 2007 7:29 PM, Tim McDonough <tim@mcdonough.net> wrote:
> I ran across a review of the Everex TC2502 Green gPC that Wal-Mart has
> been selling with Linux loaded. I don't plan on getting one, it was
> just interesting reading about the $200 "green" PC.
>
> <http://www.lightandmatter.com/article/gos_review.html>

I went and got one.  Pretty nice machine.  gOS takes a tad getting
used to, but works well.  Don't know why the blogger had issues.
Installing Flash in Firefox was just a click on "Add Plug-in".  The
machine also runs standard Ubuntu Gutsy just fine, too.

For those interested in what's under the hood, here's an lshw listing:

http://groups.google.com/group/cwelug/msg/643c6bf8d5fdae6c

Regards,
- Robert