Re: Remote connections to X apps

On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 21:59 -0500, Chuck King wrote:
> TightVNC through Stunnel.
>
> dsavage@peaknet.net wrote:
//snip//
> > Ideas or suggestions, anyone?

Chuck,

Actually what I had in mind were suggestions to resolve the remote X
display problem as stated.

TightVNC and Stunnel may be good; I've used RealVNC and Stunnel to
remotely access the local consoles of Windows servers from a Windows PC.
Video rendering was horrible, but it mostly works. But if I can't get a
remote X application to display on my local Cygwin X server using ssh -X
-Y, what makes you think it will do so using TightVNC and Stunnel? What
enabling relationship do they have with respect to X?

--Doc