Announcing End of Life times (Fedora Core 1, 2, Red Hat Linux 7.3, 9) (fwd)

So for those of us running old RHL/FC releases, it looks like we need
to start thinking seriously about upgrading/replacing the old
systems...

(618)398-3000             | See web site for meeting details.

With Fedora Core 6 Test 2 set to be released July 26th, it is time we announce
the End of Life of our various Legacy supported releases.

After much discussion on fedora-legacy-list and the #fedora-legacy IRC channel
on the freenode network, we have decided to end of life the following
releases when FC6 Test2 is released:

Fedora Core 1
Fedora Core 2

This will leave us with supporting just releases 3 and 4 of Fedora Core.

As to our Red Hat Linux releases (7.3 and 9) the following has been decided:

New issues (bugs) will be accepted until October 1st of this year.  No new
bugs will be accepted after that mark.  All existing bugs will be resolved to
the best of our ability by December 31st of this year.  What hasn't been
completed by then will not be completed by the Fedora Legacy project.  This
will be the end of Fedora Legacy's support of the Red Hat Linux line of
distributions.  We will continue focusing our efforts on the Fedora Core
line, and improving our integration with the Fedora project in whole.

Please watch for more announcements regarding our integration with the Fedora
project, and for schedule information should it change (Fedora Core release
schedules can and do slip from time to time)

Please direct any questions to the fedora-legacy-list@redhat.com email list.

PGP signature