Re: moderately intelligent question

is this machine directly connected to the internet or is it behind a
dsl/cable router of some form?  if you are you will need to set up a dmz
or port forwards through towards that computer.

for a test you can always close the bt client you are using, run
service iptables stop as root, then open the bt client again and see if
it still says you are firewalled or behind nat.  if it says all is well
then you know the problem is in your local firewall rules, but if it
still says the same thing then the problem is elsewhere.

incidently there is no need to make a new chain, just iptables -I INPUT
1 --protocol tcp --dport 6881:6899 -i eth0 -j ACCEPT (and another for
udp) should bypass any redhat specific rules.  also i dont believe that
the default rh rules block any outgoing traffic, only inbound.

Casey