Re: Laptop cannot connect to itself

Are you exporting your display back to the other machines?

Can you cut and paste the output of "netstat -rn" and "netstat -a --inet"
back in here?  Also, in your apache (I am assuming here) configuration, do
you have all the necessary parsers turned on for php to operate?

>>> Last week my Fedora Core 5 laptop (the one that you've seen me use at
>>> meetings) stopped being able to connect to the webserver I have running on
>>> itself. I have used this for years for my web development, connecting via
>>> a number of names and other methods (localhost, or the current ip address,
>>> or by another name [rochester-jugg.pheasant.net] that I made up and route
>>> via /etc/host to 127.0.0.1 or whatever the ip address may be).
>>>
>>> The log files show that the server receives the request. If the page is
>>> just static html, it will work. But most of my stuff has embedded php and
>>> they don't work.
>>>
>>> I can, however, be on another machine and connect to it just fine.
>>> Everything works well if I'm remote.
>>>
>>> As another clue, X11 doesn't seem to be able to work remotely from the
>>> laptop either. Trying out that will look like this:
>>>
>>> [erich@harpo ~]$ ssh -Y erich@192.168.1.162
>>> Last login: Mon May  8 13:13:11 2006
>>> [erich@froinleven ~]$ xterm
>>>

>>> and then it hangs and no xterm comes up. I suppose that some update in FC5
>>> from last week caused this. Anyone have ideas?
>>>
>>> eks

Tighe Schlottog         workape         fiaid
"Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defense."
-- Anonymous