Re: Simple ftp question...

From: Ken Keefe
> How can I use ftp in a non-interactive way? I'm looking for something
> like I do with ssh:

Have you tried sftp? You use FTP commands using "sftp" as your client.
It uses SSH encryption and is secure. I believe that you can "interact"
with it (and any other regular TTY-interacting application) with "expect".

Have you tried using the "programmable" user agents in Perl? e.g. LWP::UserAgent?
It understand FTP commands and the FTP protocol. You check command response codes
in your script.

Have you tried some other client? For example, "lftp" has lots of features and
I believe that it has some features that are helpful to "scripting" an FTP session.

It also understands how to do RFC2228 (FTPS or FTP+SSL) as well.

Mike/