event.

MOREnet (Missouri Research and Education Network) http://www.more.net
and the University of Missouri System have partnered with SANS and are
very pleased to bring the SECURITY 508: System Forensics, Investigation
and Response class to Columbia, MO at a significant savings for members
of the education, law enforcement and library communities.  The details
of the course are below.

Class: SECURITY 508: System Forensics, Investigation and Response
Dates: Monday, June 12 - Saturday, June 17, 2006
Location: Stoney Creek Inn, Columbia, Mo.
http://www.stoneycreekinn.com/locations/index.cfm?LocationID=8

Who Should Attend

* System administrators and incident handling personnel who are looking
for an integration of forensics and investigative methodologies and
legal issues
* Anyone who wants to understand the technical side of incident response
* Anyone who wants to learn how to image and analyze Windows and Linux
systems involved in an investigation
* Anyone who wants to learn how to forensically recover and analyze data
without relying on a tool to automatically accomplish the task
* Anyone who wants to learn how filesystems are structured and store
their data so that they can understand where evidence exists on any type
of hard drive

Instructor:  Rob Lee
Rob Lee is a member of ManTech's Computer Forensics and Intrusion
Analysis Division that provides advanced computer forensics and
intrusion operations support to the national security and intelligence
communities. He enjoys working on a variety of technical projects for
commercial and government clients including incident response,
forensics, intrusion detection, vulnerability analysis and specialized
R&D. Rob is a graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy. He served in the
U.S. Air Force performing intrusion detection while at the 609th
Information Warfare Squadron. As a member of the Air Force Office of
Special Investigations he performed network wiretaps, computer forensics
and conducted computer crime intrusion investigations. Rob is certified
as a SSCP and GCIH. Rob regularly assists the Honeynet Project and
coauthored the bestselling book, Know Your Enemy, 2nd Edition.

Education (Higher Ed and K-12), library and State and local law
enforcement officials are eligible to register for a special price of
$1,000.

Non-education/law enforcement participants may also register for a cost
of $2,895 (Secure Infragard members are eligible for a 10% discount).

Registration includes the lunch meal and morning/afternoon break
refreshments.

Seating is limited to 150 so reserve your spot now!

Register for the course at: http://sans.more.net

Additional information is available at: http://sans.more.net

Official SANS information on the course
http://www.sans.org/sans2006/description.php?tid=205

This is a hands-on course and a laptop is required.  Laptop requirements
found here: http://www.sans.org/sans2006/laptop.php?tid=205

If you register for the full course, you may register to seek your GCFA
Certification for an additional fee of $300.00 US. Registration will be
available during the week of class.

Beth Young says:
 	We just found out that city, state and county government employees can
 	attend this training for a $1000.  That is a heck of a deal since this
 	usually cost about $3000 and you usually have to travel to one of the
 	coasts to get it.

 	So, spread the word.  If you are education (faculty, staff or student),
 	government or law enforcement, the cost is $1000.  Sorry, it is still
 	$3000 if you don't fit one of those categories.  BUT still a deal
 	because you don't have to travel out of state!

 	If you have questions, let me or Randy know.  Also, spread the word to
 	any person you think might be interested.  We can't reach everybody so
 	the more people that spread the word, the better chance we have of
 	getting 125 people (now I sound like I am on a telethon, Help us reach
 	our goal of 125!) :-D

 	Beth
 	Beth Young, CISSP
 	youngba@more.net