DNS Question

This is probably a very simple one, but I’m simply not finding the answers required.  This is more of a Network question than a Linux question but I figured I would ask the pro’s.  My desire is to have internal name resolution for internal hosts ie. A router which has an ip address of 10.0.0.20, also has a web interface.  This router could be accessed just by typing the word router and DNS would tell the browser the correct ip address.  I know its possible, I just don’t know how to implement it or where to add the information.  I would prefer doing it at the DNS server end instead of multiple hosts files.  Any help will do, even a link to a how-to.

Thanks in advance.

Brandon