Re: Fedora/Ubuntu on G5 iMac

On Sun, Jan 01, 2006 at 07:44:30PM -0600, Kyle Pointer wrote:
> I recently became the proud owner of one of the new G5 iMacs, and I
> wanted to put Linux on it.

Congrats.  Welcome to the world of ppc64.

> for it. Any ideas?

Unless you're wanting to get some sort of hack value out of having Linux
on an iMac G5, I would just suggest sticking with OS X.  For the very
same reasons that I would suggest sticking with Solaris on a Sun box.

That, and I find Mach-O binaries interesting to play with.  I guess I
have my own personal prejudices playing here, but still.  OS X is not a
bad beast once you get used to it.

--
Nathaniel Reindl    http://www.corvidae.org/
    user of annoying keyboard timers such as xwrits and AntiRSI