binutils bug (Debian bug 336022 )

Hmm, it appears the the debian testing binutils "works fine"
but all previous kernel versions have invalid assembly code, which binutils
just now decided to start noticing.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-binutils/2005-04/msg00152.html

It would be funny if I wasn't breaking all my stuff.

This finger pointing has apparently been going on for several months. Has
anyone else run into this? What did you do?

Are there kernel patches out there to "fix" all the old kernels somewhere?
I haven't found them yet.
Where would you put a fix to a kernel that only applies after binutils gets
changed. How does that kernel numbering work?

thx,
NZG.