Re: FC4 + yum, apt, CPAN, and repositories

On Dec 20, 2005, at 3:04 PM, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> If available, stick with Fedora Core/Extras via yum.

Fair enough.  Will stick with yum, although it seems to be much
slower than apt, as though it has to rebuild the cache every time a
yum command is issued.

If yum is the method, then what yum repositories do people
recommend?  Currently I have:

$ ls -1 /etc/yum.repos.d/
fedora-devel.repo
fedora-extras-devel.repo
fedora-extras.repo
fedora.repo
fedora-updates.repo
fedora-updates-testing.repo

I had rpmforge, but removed it because of the conflict with perl-GD.
Should I reinstall it?  If I do reinstall it, how can I ensure perl-
GD doesn't get updated?

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent