Re: Verizon DSL

Broadband router with 1 WAN and 4 LAN connections can be had for ~ $30
wired (I use D-Link myself). Get a bulk CAT5 cable spool, connectors and
crimper if you have a good bit of distance to go for the best bang for
the buck.

I don't know why everyone is so anxious to jump on the wireless
bandwagon when you're broadcasting to the whole neighborhood (although
there is a special paint you can buy that blocks the signal from getting
past your house walls). Some hacker teens are going to thank you for the
use of your network as they're surfing with your Internet connection and
attempting to find the username and password for your online banking
and\or Paypal account! Merry Xmassssss... Hohoho! Gonna get that new
Xbox360 now! <g>.

Good luck with the project as I'm new to Linux myself and have loads to
learn. Especially the command line and directory structure. Someone
suggested that I get "Linux for Dummies" and I tried not to take it
personal. <g> @:)>