Re: gmail

NZG <ngustavson@emacinc.com> wrote:
> My only problem with Yahoo is that I never found a way to
> easily access is remotely from all my mail clients.

I'm having no issues.  Of course, I pay the $20/year for the
Plus access (less than $2/month = chump change).

> I like GMail because I can easily hit it's POP3 and SMTP
> servers from Thunderbird and KMail.

Again, no issues for me with the Yahoo Mail Plus.  Even with
ISPs that block dport 25 for outgoing SMTP.

> Also I like to use their newgroups for school related
> stuff, so I need a Google login anyway.

To each is own, but GMail is one big reason why list
threading is going to hell.  Even I tired of it with other
ISP Mail programs and finally just went with Yahoo Mail (and
spent the $20/year for the extra features).

mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org     |  (please excuse any