Re: x86-64 compilation

> Honestly, trying to bootstrap a 64-bit kernel on a 32-bit system is
> going to be insanely difficult.  Since you are a Debian user, I'd
> suggest sticking with a 32-bit kernel until Debian handles multilib
> (installing 32-bit and 64-bit libraries/apps at the same time) on
> their amd64 port.  Hopefully then you'll just be able to upgrade.

Thx for the advice,
It doesn't really make sense for me to switch over to 64 bits at the moment
anyway, since I'm only using 512M of RAM.
I think I'll take your advice and just wait for Debian to catch up.
I can drive myself crazy with trying to hook up RAID and overclocking this
thing in the meantime.

> In the mean time, if you want to switch distributions, Fedora handles
> multilib nicely.
I don't think I'm willing to go that far.
Debian is my zombie lord, I shall not forsake her.

NZG