Re: OT: PC burn out.

On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 01:56 -0500, NZG wrote:
> It appears that both my motherboard and processor were destroyed.
> I installed my AMD2600 in a new motherboard and didn't get anything but
> a whole lot of heat off the processor. No beep codes.

You haven't dismissed the processor on it own yet.
In fact, after what Kara said, it could be very much the case.

I wouldn't have run out and bought a new mainboard.
Returning it now will be more difficult.

> I have shelved the old units for the moment and ordered a new Sempron
> 2800 64 bit processor + motherboard.  thanks for all your advice!
> NZG

Which mainboard did you go for?

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith@ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com