Hello and a question, one of many, about mplayer in this case.

Hello to silug.  I have just recently joined this group.  It is the
first group I've joined so please flame lightly on any faux pas related
to what is usual and customary.

I have recently returned to the *nix platform after about 25 years so my
concepts will be there by and large but my specifics are pretty much all
gone.

Here're my first questions.

I have more or less learned how to do yum for installs and other
maintenance.  I installed a CAD package and there are video files
related to it that I would like to view.  Here's the link to the video
files:

http://sketchboard.sourceforge.net/video.html

When I click on the link it attempted to play the videos in Totem.  I
have never gotten Totem to work.  So I removed it.  Now it wants to play
the files in Kaboodle, whatever that is.  I suppose if I remove that, it
will want to play in helix.  ~I~ want the videos to play in mplayer.

Any thoughts on how I can make mplayer the default?

What is the etiquette here, one question per email to keep things clean?
Or, get'em all out at once?

Thanks in advance...  especially for being roasted only lightly the
first time out.