Collecting Computers for Katrina

I am opening our storage center to collect computers and related equipment
to rebuild for the shelters and relocated residents from Katrina.  Within
a week, I hope we'll have enough to work with to have our user group
volunteers fix them, clean them up, combine parts to build new ones, and
load our Open Source applications (when applicable).  Let me know if
you're interested and I'll keep you updated on the schedules.  Else, feel
free to pass along the information below to anyone you know who may be
interested in donating.  I am waiting on the information to get tax
deductible receipts from Catholic Charities.

Computer Room
317 Market Place
Fairview Heights (Behind Border's Bookstore)
618-398-3000

We will collect computers for the next week and I have a team who will fix
them and then distribute them to the relocated residents or the shelters.
Details:

Computer should have been running Windows 98 or newer.
Monitors must work
Printers must work and please provide a set of ink/toner.

Broken/non-booting computers are OK.  We'll fix them (or combine them with
others to make working computers).  We'll also remove all of your personal
information and files ensuring your privacy.  Most will be completely
reloaded with Open Source software to allow the new owners to use the
Internet, do homework, and more.

President, KS Computer Room Inc.	kara@kspei.com
Southern Illinois Linux Users Group	www.silug.org