Re: Secure File Transfers

>>> The 'minimum' file transfer security we can recommend is chroot'd ftp,
>>> providing a secure user area (i.e. no way to get outside the user space).
>>> ssh/scp would be much preferred, but, as you describe, allowing 'public'
>>> users is pretty tough to do via scp.

I could be mistaken, but isn't there a freeware version of sftp for both
windows and *nix?  This is in addition to chrooting the ftp daemon.
Things where people can place files should always be sandboxed from the
rest of your toys.  Hell, you should even be chrooting your webserver as
well.

TIghe

--
Tighe Schlottog         workape         fiaid
"Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defense."