Re: FC4/x86_64 and ALSA: [long] noise and distortion

Nathaniel Reindl wrote:

><snip>
>
>I've also ruled out bad audio hardware because the cards all work fine
>in the Windows box I have sitting next to me.  No distortion, nothing.
>
><snip>

Hmm, guess what I'm gonna tell ya. How's that Windows XP64 coming along?
Is it out of beta yet? How's your dual-head working? Are we fed up yet?
Bwahahahahaha.

Stephen D. Reindl
AASNDA, AASET, CCNP, jackal of all, master of nun. Victim of the TelCo
trunk monkey.

By the way folks, I have upgraded to FC4 twice now. Both times the
installer acknowledges success and asks to have the discs removed prior
to reboot. The installer lies. There is no FC4 kernel, and grub is not
updated. Whatever. Linux does not long live here now anyway. And, why do
only half my posts seem to make it there alive?