Re: RAR; the command line version

bentley rhodes wrote:

>    does anyone use rar for the command prompt?  i really like it, but
> i was wondering if anyone knew the command or switch to have it put
> each directory into its own file.  If you use wine and winrar, there
> is an option to do that.

The following line(s) of text go into my .rarrc file, which i have
linked to my home directory, and i linked the rar file to the /bin/
directory.
switches=-ag+YYYY_MMDD- -ep1 -m5 -ms*.rar;*.zip;*.mp3;*.ogg;*.tar.* -ol
-ow -r -rr -s -v4g -x*.iso

the -ms switch is supposed to make it 'store' things that are i specify,
compressed or not, making it work faster, but i haven't seen it happen
yet with the files i have listed (if none are listed it uses certain
values, like *.rar;*.zip;*.mp3).